Itemized bids show the pricing for each of the components of an apparel decoration job as opposed to standard bids and mixed item bids which show inclusive pricing. For example, an itemized bid for embroidery might show the price for the undecorated garment, the digitizing, and the embroidery. Itemized bids often show both a total price per item and total price for the job.
Sample itemized bid for screen printing
Itemize the pricing for the shirts, screens, and printing the front, and printing the back.
Here is the same bid customized on the Line Item Page.
Important note about screen printing Itemized Bids:
In order to charge separately for the screens, you’ll need to set up a new pricing profile in which the field Screen Charge per Color is set to 0.00. If you don't remove the screen charge from the profile and the screen charge is in the profile, and add a direct charge on the Line Items Page to the line list, you will charge the customer twice for the screens.
Change to this for screen printing itemized bid
This eliminates the screen charges when setting up the line items on the Design and Pricing Page.
To add the separate charge for the screens, click Add Direct Item on the Line Items Page and add the screen charge using the Add Direct Item dialog box.
Be sure to create a new profile with the word "Itemized" in it to make sure you use the correct profile when doing itemized bids.
Sample itemized bid for embroidery
Separate out the costs for digitizing the images for the front and back embroidery so that he will know what the cost for just the embroidery will be on future reorders.
Sample Itemized Bids
Here is a single item bid, as a single line item and then converted into an itemized bid.
Step-By-Step Itemized Bids
1) Selected Item for bid is sent to Line Items Page, without any decorations
2) If you are charging for screens on the LIP (Line Items Page)
You need to create a new profile, one without a screen charge
Here is the Setting Page and the Screen Charge set to $0.00
Save this new profile with the word “Itemized” in it, so you know it does not have screen charges
3) Go to the Custom Items Page and pick “Screen Printing Only”, that is the text that will show on the LIP. This will set the item cost to $0.00 on the line item for screen printing
4) Using the new “Itemized Profile” set number of colors of front print and send to the Line Items Page.
5) Using the new “Itemized Profile” set number of colors of back print and send to the Line Items Page.
The Line Item Page will look like this
6) On the LIP, using the “Add Direct Item”
Make a new DIRECT ITEM or edit one to match your text and prices.
7) Once they are on the LIP, you can RIGHT Click the line and move the screen charges to where they need to be.
8) Last, in the lower left corner of the LIP, click on the “Show Itemized Totals”