The Pricing Analysis Page shows the contribution of each charge and discount to the final calculated price for the line item on your bid. It also shows general information such as the customer’s name and contact information the sales person who prepared the bid, and the time and date the bid was created.
To access this page, click the Show Pricing Analysis button. The Pricing Analysis Page can be accessed from the Choose Item Page, Design and Pricing Page, Settings Page, and Line Items Page. If you do not see the buttons, it means that a password has been set up for Fast Accurate Bids and you are using the program in User Mode.
In addition to using the Pricing Analysis Page to display the price information for the item currently on the Design and Pricing Page, you can also use it to set a specific initial price and quantity and then see how various setting combinations on the Design and Pricing Page affect it.
Things to note
- If the window on the left of the Pricing Analysis Page is blank when you open it, it means that you have not yet added an item to the Design and Pricing Page.
- The Set Item Cost check box allows you to enter an initial price for a hypothetical item so you can see how each of the markup and discounts for the settings on the Design and Pricing Page affects the calculated price for the item. This feature provides a powerful tool for price analysis by starting with an easy to track amount and testing how various settings on the Design and Pricing Page, including switching from one pricing profile to another, affect the final calculated price.
- The Item Qty field allows you to enter a number of items for use in testing pricing analysis. The Item Qty field is intended to be used with Set Item Cost. For example, if you set Set Item Cost to $1.00 and Number of Items to 1, then you can clearly see how the settings on the Design and Pricing Page affect the final calculated price.
- Consider having both the Design and Pricing Page and the Pricing Analysis Page open side-by-side on your computer screen when doing pricing analysis, so you can see both pages at the same time.
- Selecting the Summary display shows only the general information about the line item and the charges and discounts that have been applied to the line item in the display.
- Selecting the Detail display shows the general information about the line item, and all possible options, charges, and discounts providing a zero for charges and discounts not applied to the line item in the display.